Upcoming Webinars 


The analysis of any legal or medical billing is dependent on numerous specific facts — including the factual situations present related to the patients, the practice, the professionals and the medical services and advice. Additionally, laws and regulations and insurance and payer policies are subject to change. The information that has been accurate previously can be particularly dependent on changes in time or circumstances. The information contained in this web site is intended as general information only. It is not intended to serve as medical, health, legal or financial advice or as a substitute for professional advice of a medical coding professional, healthcare consultant, physician or medical professional, legal counsel, accountant or financial advisor. If you have a question about a specific matter, you should contact a professional advisor directly. CPT copyright American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.

Log in

Log in

Arizona OT License by Endorsement

Can I practice in state if I am licensed in another state?

A person employed as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant by the United States or any agency of the United States, if that person provides occupational therapy solely under the direction or control of the agency that employs that person.

A person performing occupational therapy services in this state for purposes of continuing education, consultation or training, if these services are performed for no more than a cumulative total of sixty (60) days in a calendar year in association with a licensed occupational therapist, if either of the following is true:

    • The person is licensed as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant in good standing in another state.
    • The person is certified by the national board for certification in occupational therapy, incorporated.

What is the process for getting reciprocity in state?

The board may waive the examination, education or experience requirements and grant a license to an applicant who presents proof of current licensure as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant in another state, the District of Columbia or a territory of the United States that requires standards for licensure considered by the board to be equivalent to the requirements for licensure.


A.R.S. § 32-3422

A.R.S. § 32-3425

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software