Upcoming Webinars 


The analysis of any legal or medical billing is dependent on numerous specific facts — including the factual situations present related to the patients, the practice, the professionals and the medical services and advice. Additionally, laws and regulations and insurance and payer policies are subject to change. The information that has been accurate previously can be particularly dependent on changes in time or circumstances. The information contained in this web site is intended as general information only. It is not intended to serve as medical, health, legal or financial advice or as a substitute for professional advice of a medical coding professional, healthcare consultant, physician or medical professional, legal counsel, accountant or financial advisor. If you have a question about a specific matter, you should contact a professional advisor directly. CPT copyright American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.

Log in

Log in

Arizona OT Identification and Notification

How can I use “Dr” in my title?

Under Arizona’s Medical Practice Act, a member of another branch of healing arts must designate the other branch of the healing arts if they choose to use “Dr.” in their title.

The following acts if committed by a person not licensed under this chapter or exempt from licensure are class 2 misdemeanors:

    • The use of the designation "doctor of medicine", "physician", "surgeon", "physician and surgeon" or any combination thereof unless such designation additionally contains the description of another branch of the healing arts.
    • The use of the designation "doctor" by a member of another branch of healing arts unless there is set forth with each such designation the other branch of the healing arts concerned.
    • The use of any other words, initials, symbols or combination thereof which would lead the public to believe such person is licensed to practice medicine in this state.

Are there any specific requirements for posting notifications or licenses?

Each occupational therapist and occupational therapy assistant shall display the person's current license in each facility in which the person practices occupational therapy. If a facility is not available for the display of the license, the occupational therapist or the occupational therapy assistant must carry a board-issued wallet-sized license card during working hours.

When does an OT have to notify the board of any information changes?

A licensee must report to the board in writing a name change and any change in business or home address within thirty (30) days after the change.


A.R.S. § 32-1455

A.R.S. § 32-3426

A.R.S. § 32-3441

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software